Friday 14 September 2018

Stay


Stay,
Because in another life, or in another time,
We will not be the same.
Those across the table glances and the laughs,
Will never be fully mine.

Stay,
A while longer today,
Because tomorrow we will be gone again.
You’ll be elsewhere
And I will be halved again.

Stay,
For a lifetime if you can,
If they take you away,
I’ll come again.
Looking for you on the same way,
On the same streets where your lips touched mine,
And I was on cloud nine.

I feel, and I know,
Your skin breathes the same peace,
And so I’ve etched it on mine.
Your heart mumbles the same rhythm,
And so our souls shine.

Drown into my memories,
until I bump into you 10 years down the lane,
Where your heart skips a beat again,
And all our wishes come alive.

Stay,
I know that our love is true,
Though the world may not appreciate it,
But I will always do.
For the souls that connect, are only a few.


PC: Google Images

4 comments:

Remembering you...

  And if I was to think of you again, you remind me of all the gentle things in life. Like the comfort of my pink blanket, a hand to hold on...