Tuesday 18 September 2018

Hold on!

 Afflicted. Somewhere in the corner of a suffocating classroom, opened up a heart to another. I couldn't fathom the easiness of how that friend could convey such a major part of his life to me in a few seconds. Perhaps surviving a life threatening disease was like a child's play for him but it certainly made me reflect on a lot of things. That's the beauty of perspectives, I guess. In the midst of a tea break involving giggles and smiles, he brought tears to my eyes. Most definitely, it was unintentional. Or maybe, it was the universe asking me to be stronger and stronger, day by day, moment by moment. In just a fraction of a second, I realized how small my woes were and how the universe could be even worse. You can never judge the struggles of a person sitting next to you, with a wide misleading smile. All these people who have been holding onto life when it has wrenched you over and over, this poem is dedicated to you all!

Hold on!
For a moment if you can,
The stars are lit,
The grass is still green,
And all you have to do is,
Stand on your feet.

Once you learn to stand strong,
and make the adversities go around,
Yours will be the stage to perform,
And make the world so profound.

The poetry,
The melody,
is for you to play,
but now if you give up,
who else is gonna stay.

The remorse would never be worth the effort,
But a failure would rather give some comfort.
An attempt will be a wiser choice,
For the inner self would at least rejoice.

Hold on!
For a moment if you can,
The stars will always be lit,
The sun will wait to shine,
but the soul brit once,
will never come alive.

I don't want to think of all misery, but the beauty that still remains in the conversations, the heartaches, the mid-life celebrations and the bonds, which though do not last a lifetime but do provide enough comfort to live in that moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Remembering you...

  And if I was to think of you again, you remind me of all the gentle things in life. Like the comfort of my pink blanket, a hand to hold on...